5 of my Favorite Beauty Hacks
Who doesn't love discovering some beauty hacks? Here are 5 that I use a lot!
1. I know my skin gets drier and more "blah" during the colder months. One of my favorite things to do is use an illuminating primer! If you don't have one, DIY and mix a tiny bit of a liquid highlighter with your everyday moisturizer/face cream. Remember to take it easy on the highlighter part at first, you can always add more!
2. If you know you're going to want to sleep in the next morning and won't have time to wash your hair, use dry shampoo the night before. It soaks up the oil while you sleep and gives you more time to sleep in the following morning! Plus it gives my hair loads of volume and takes less time to get ready in the morning-which is also great for me!
3. Double cleansing is a necessary part in my nightly skincare routine. I used to just wash my face, moisturize and that was it. I've been lucky enough to never deal with acne or terribly bad skin but this has made a difference. Making sure all my makeup is completely off by cleansing twice helps my skin so much the next day. If you have dry skin like I do, I suggest using a cream cleanser that isn't too drying and offers some hydration so that you're not totally stripping your skin of oils and moisture.
4. Cleaning your makeup brushes is not just hygienic, but also keeps them in good condition. I've tried several cleansers for my brushes but my favorite is using a tsp. of dish soap and olive oil. It's so easy and cheap and you most likely have these in your kitchen! It seriously deep cleans my brushes so well and leaves them looking brand new. Of course you can add more of the dish soap and olive oil as you go along but it's seriously amazing! If you haven't tried it, do it!
5. To get the most out of your eyelash curler, try sticking it in your pocket (or bra tbh) so that it gets a little warm. It works so well and holds a curl longer!
What are some of your beauty tips and tricks? Share below!