First off, I hope you guys like my Kindergarten yearbook picture.
Second of all, I feel like because I have a beauty+lifestyle blog, it makes it hard to be myself. There's a stigma for these kinds of bloggers that because they write makeup reviews and give an updated daily makeup menu that they are in fact, shallow and dumb. WE ARE NOT.
The posts I write reflect some of the things I am interested in and they're detailed enough but my personality isn't really there. Maybe it's just me and because I'm not a professional makeup artist and have only started getting into makeup two years ago that I feel like I'm not cutout to share these things (which is lame) therefore I feel self conscious about it more than I want to admit.
I am not totally put together like I subconsciously (maybe not so subconsciously, maybe more on purpose) try to do with Start Somewhere. I am in my early 20s and struggling to get a hold of this whole adulting thing. I live in a fairly small apartment and I work 6 days a week and our pup, Neptune, hasn't gotten an A+ on this whole potty training thing and I have to clean up his poop kind of often.
It can be weird to put yourself out there and it can be challenging to show your personality through writing, but this is something I wish I would've done when I started. The point is, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I want it to feel real.
Anyways- here's a short list of general updates (that billions of you are wondering about. but really guys...give me some breathing room geez) Also, these are some of the same updates I shared with my friends earlier this morning in a group message:
1. I discovered I like Thai food. What I mean by that is, I found one thing so far that I like so I guess I'll order that every time from now on
2. Instead of putting two sugars in my coffee, I only put one now
3. I'm in that phase where I want to dye my hair but I don't know what color (will keep you all posted since you all care sooo much)
4. I've been inspired by people who only eat raw, so I've been adding more fruits and veg into my diet
5. I've been rewatching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and it's one of the best decisions I've made in the past day or two.
Well, I guess that's all. Be prepared to see more of me.